First up: Simplicity 2584. This is no old-lady tunic. Made of linen. I completely ignored the instructions on adding a zipper after making a muslin & finding that I had no problem pulling it over my head. I took this in a size or two at the waist so the fit is really flattering.
front view: yoke is topstitched
back view: you can see here that the sleeves are slightly bell-shaped. next time they'll either be straight or have the elastic that was called for. ;-)
Next (with many apologies about the picture quality): Simplicity 2406. I have been in desparate need of some cute dresses to just wear around in the summer, so a couple weeks ago I decided that this would be the first of (hopefully) many. The fabric is a cotton stretch sateen from joanns, so it has a nice body. No pictures of the back unfortunately, but I reduced the back slit to about 9"and made a covered button & loop from the fabric. I love the cut-out sleeves, which were surprisingly easy to construct. I've worn this out several times (ok, time to make another one already!), and it is cute & a little fashion-forward, is comfortable, and has garnered a few compliments from complete strangers.